- Support Groups
- Awareness Events & Fundraisers
- Join Us!
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group
NAMI Connection is a recovery support group program for adults living with mental illness. Your group will provide respect, understanding, encouragement and hope. This relaxed approach can support you as you share the challenges and success of coping with mental illness.
What Should You Expect?
- Meets weekly for 90 minutes free of charge.
- Designed for adults (18 and over) living with mental illness.
- Facilitated by a team of trained individuals who live in recovery from mental illness.
- Confidential - share as much or as little personal information as you want.
- Does not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies.
- Guided by the Principles of Support
Why Attend a NAMI Support Group?
An environment of sincere, uncritical acceptance
Meetings begin with a review of group guidelines and the NAMI Connection Principles of Support. Following this introduction, anyone that wishes to, may share an update on current life success and/or challenges. The group works together to address the most pressing issues using a process called "group wisdom." Themes that naturally arise during the group also become a focus of group work. As a participant your voice is heard. You may contribute to the discussion empathetically, building a sense of community that is based on sincere, uncritical acceptance.
When are Meetings?
Weekly on Wednesdays
At the NAMI Wood County Office
541 W. Wooster, 2nd Floor, Bowling Green Map It!
Peer and Family Support Group
The First and Third Thursday of the Month
At the Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave, Perrysburg Map It!