- Support Groups
NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, for your family and for your child.
What You Should Expect
- Meets for six sessions, 2.5 hours each, free of charge.
- Designed for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illness.
- Taught by a team of trained teachers who are family caregivers of individuals who developed symptoms of mental illness as children.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to caregiving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and interactive exercises.
Why You Should Attend
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain.
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects.
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system, school system and juvenile justice system.
6 Tuesdays Starting September 12th through October 17th, 2017
6:15pm - 8:15pm
*This class will take place in lieu of Parent and Caregiver Support group during the months it runs
* Yes, childcare is provided for those who can use the restroom independently
At NAMI Wood County
541 W Wooster St, Bowling Green, OH 43402 Map It!