- Support Groups
- Awareness Events & Fundraisers
- Join Us!
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds is a group for anyone that wants to focus on improving physical and mental health.
What You Should Expect
- Meets weekly for an hour, free of charge
- Designed for anyone affected by mental illness or community members interested in Tai Chi
- Facilitated by a trained NAMI Hearts and Minds instructors
- Locations near Bowling Green.
*Please wear comfortable clothing and appropriate foot attire. *
What a Typical Meeting Looks Like
- Starts with 10 minutes of Tai Chi warm-up exercises
- Each week varies with agenda, typically:
- teaching of 24 Movement Yang Short Form
- Ends with visualization or guided meditation
This is a NAMI Wood County group but it is not focused specifically on mental illness. This is a relaxed environment for individuals living with a mental illness and their family or friends as well as community members to gather together and encourage healthy living.
When are Meetings?
NEW!!!- Weekley on Thursday (starting February 15th 2018)- Chair Aerobics and/or weather permitting Walking
NAMI Wood County Office
541 W Wooster St Bowling Green, OH Map It!
Weekly on Tuesdays- Tai Chi
September to May
at Carter Historic Farm
18331 Carter Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402 Map It!
and 4th Thursday Monthly- Tai Chi
Otterbein Portage Valley
20311 Pemberville Rd, Pemberville, OH Map It!