- Support Groups
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds is a group for anyone that wants to focus on improving physical and mental health.
What You Should Expect
- Meets weekly for an hour, free of charge
- Designed for anyone affected by mental illness
- Facilitated by two trained NAMI Hearts and Minds instructors
- Locations vary within Bowling Green.
- Participants are notified via email the day before for the agenda
*Please wear comfortable clothing and appropriate foot attire. *
What a Typical Meeting Looks Like
- Starts with 10 minutes of Tai Chi exercises
- Each week varies between
- walking at least 1 mile
- chair aerobics
- light weight training
- Ends with 10 minutes of meditation
This is a NAMI Wood County group but it is not focused specifically on mental illness. This is a relaxed environment for individuals living with a mental illness and their family or friends to gather together and encourage healthy living.
When are Meetings?
Weekly on Tuesdays
September to May